10th Entry - Year 2018 Summary

Hey Guys and Girls,

Quite a long time have past, so it feels, but I hope my dear readers can forgive me about that.

Soo 2018 has past and all an Happy New Year I guess. And also Happy Christmas.

Now lets get back to business shall we?

I think I start with the most important one: The Performance

For me performance is internal interest Rate. Like How well did my money work. It is not the same as the true time weighted Rate of Return.

The TTWRR works more like this: I invest 100€ at 01.01.2018 00:01 and compare it to what i have at the end at 31.12.2018 23:59. That means, if I invest 100€ at the start, at the end of 2018 my Bank would say to me: Your Balance is 92,75€ right now. So while TTWRR only invest once at the start, the IIR see how well every single unit worked. That's how I understand it. If I am wrong then so be it.

From 01.01.2018 to 31.12.2018 my overall Performance seems to be at around -7,25%.

So the attentive reader would say: Investing in stockshares was kind of a loss. And yes the reader is right. I have lost money, but somehow i do not feel bad about it.

 Of course I should show in detail how i got my loss.

Raw Dividend:        1.534,72 €
Tax on Div.:              - 211,26 €
 Buying Fee:             - 270,36 €
Share-Value:          - 2.044,73 €

As you can cleary see, you see 2 things:
 - Main loss comes from Share-Value dropping
 - I made 1.323,46 € net dividend

Now lets put this into perspectiv: I started at Mai 2017 and only have around 1,5 years of experience with stocks now. Having a loss of under 10% is quite good in my eyes. Also since this is the first full year of my investment, having ~1.300 € of dividends is really good. I only got  ~143 € at Year 2017, but that doesn't really count for comparison.

Also interessting: As you can see, the fee you have to pay for buying stocks is rather small. Since i live in germany i could try to deploy a foreign bank account to lessen the paying fee, but then i would also have more work at declaring my tax declarion, which is not cool. So i will stay loyal to my german bank, which pays the tax for me and only pays the net dividend.

For 2018 my worst investment was Triangle Capital, there i lost the most money. I sold the shares since i think they won't pay any dividends anymore.

My best investment for 2018 was LTC Properties.

I never thought that such a rather safe but average stock would perform so well. It is such a sleeper!

I hope i can improve my performance at 2019 and hope you will do the same.


That's enough Text for today. Until next time my dear readers !

Kommentare

Popular Posts

11th Entry - Annual Report 2019

First Post

Sidestory 01